Re: configure Xywrite for USB printer?

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Fri, 12 May 2006
15:33:41 -0400

>> Harry's instructions were for Xy4, so they don't apply.

> Hey, I'm hurt. I thought my instructions (vaguely) covered both.

The PRN files you specified were for Xy4, ditto SETP, SETTINGS.DFL, and the
spec for the LPT number. Plus the time estimate of 5 minutes, which greatly
overstates how long this takes! The rest you got from me, and I got it from
OS/2 (which is where Microsoft got it too). You were right, though, about LPT1
not being available sometimes under XP, namely if you're not the Administrator.
Frankly, I've forgotten how to enable an LPT other than 1 under Xy3+... there
was some trick, IIRC -- but what was it? Or do you have to use the network
version v3.58? I dunno... the hell with it.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx