Re: Leaving (was Re: Stack; Abnormal termination of MeNu frames; the Escape key)

Robert Holmgren wrote:

I'm a little reticent to talk about this, because -- well, I don't know why, it
isn't PC ("politically correct"). But for a year, I lived in a real, existing,
nowadays, slaveholding society, on an island in eastern Indonesia (east Sumba).
Technically (i.e. in Jakarta), it's illegal -- but if you've ever been to
eastern Indonesia, forget technicalities. Tradition rules.
Your experiences in Indonesia deserves a book (I still remember your
post about Pak Kasim!). Not to mention your brillian essay about the
past and present of slavery. Believe, Robert, you are a character!
(Excuse my spanglish: what I mean is you are like the main character of
a good novel). I would like to read your autobiography.
All my respect,
Manuel Castelao