Re: OT: good utility

Yes, Process Explorer really give you insight into what
is running. It's a tad hard to read because, on a
halfway fast system, the display keeps jerking as
processes run and go idle. One can improve that a
little by choosing Options->Difference Highlight
Duration: more seconds slows it down a bit.
Am I correct in assuming that WINOA386.MOD is part of
the VDM?
By the bye, its display of memory usage (View->System
Information) shows what terminological inexactitudes
abound in this industry. I keep seeing systems with XP
and only 256 Mb of RAM. Well, with 98SE and NOTHING
running but Xy, Tbird, ZoneAlarm, Antivirus, and a few
hardware monitoring applets (CD, the Palm hotsynch),
almost that much is in use already (I have 512). If one
were running XP, one would be swapping to virtual RAM
all the time. On the other hand, CPU usage is
infinitesimal.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx