Re: printer problem

ac127 wrote:
Is there a simple way, as in dot matrix printer, to switch
compressed (17cpi) on and off ?
Oh, horrors! Sorry, everyone. Ac127 doesn't need
compressed. You just need to load either of the HP 4lJ
printer drivers before trying to print report.txt.
I'm posting this to the whole list, because it's a
horrible example (an exemplum as the medievals
used to say) of Flash's dictum that "assume makes an
ass of u and me." Ac127 had asked, a while back, for a
way of getting some data out of a database table. We
had some off-list correspondence, and I wrote him or
her a dBase 5 program that would output the data to a
fully (and fairly heavily) formatted Xy document:
landscape orientation, Column Tables, proportional
font. Like an idiot, I forgot to mention what .prn file
I had loaded in Xy when I first created the document
framework (whose formatting codes I then embedded in
the dBase code so they would be output in the data
stream; I detailed this procedure back on 22 May 2005,
under expanding horizons).
The LJ drivers all support proportional fonts; trying
to print a doc that assumes that with a DJ .prn file
apparently generates a call for compressed. (I hardly
ever use the DJ drivers; the LJ ones work with any DJ
printer I've ever tried them with, and give you nicer
output.)
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx