Re: XyWrite Development

I'll just jump in and address some of Annie Fisher's more general
points (obviously I have nothing to say about her phone bills,
etc.).
 Xy4 is a better product than 3+. There are some transition
costs none of them either bizarre or particularly onerous; the
more you customized and programmed the more little niggling
changes you might have to make,but then you are more likely to
know how to do that. In return you get greater functionality, a
better programming language, a better way of incorporating your
programs, much better printer control, much better defining and
moving of text capabilities, and so on. Sure it cost me a couple
of days to move up, but that was a onetime cost for a good
return. Are there annoyances? Sure. The blind install is
stupid, the default menus (dlg) is too large and some little
buglets remain and the documentation (for transition purposes)
wasn't ideal (though it wasn't empty either). And the
customization guide is actually an improvement over 3+.  Now to
what *I* want.  I want some more debugging of XyDos4 because
that's my wp until a good OS/2 one comes out (i.e. for 2 or three
years at least, not because Describe et al are incompetent but
because of style), and I want many of the enhancements that have
been usefully mentioned on this list.

Regards,

  David

David Auerbach