Re: Xy on Vista

Patricia wrote:
3. In the shortcut's property page, I click on Change Icon,

navigate to editor.exe's directory, and choose one of the several

nice icons that various members of this list have contributed.

None of them will Vista accept: Apply stays grayed out, and the

icon remains a sheet of paper (I'm assuming that's what it's

supposed to be). I'm sure I can find something in the plethora of

icons Vista supplies, but what's the matter with our home-made

ones? They have the .ico extension.

The old icons are bitmaps at heart. Vista has abandoned that icon format in favor of the much more versatile PNG, as detailed here:
http://www.axialis.com/tutorials/tutorial-vistaicons.html

I have some original Xyquest documentation for Xy III+, and with that I could create Xy logos for use in Vista if they'd make your user experience more satisfying. I work a lot with graphics, and this shouldn't be a big deal for me.

Jeff

Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol.com/mailtour/aol/en-us/index.htm?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000970!