RE: OED, CD-ROMS, Hard drives, etc.

** Reply to note from "Thomas A. Robertson"  Thu, 6 Mar 97 14:42:31 UT

All very interesting. I have a similar setup to yours: 4Gig Seagate, 2940
UltraWide SCSI. I've begun to transfer CD-ROM data to HD also (Random House
Unabridged Dictionary), and appreciate the very high speed.

Where did you buy OED for $400? Last time I looked (several years ago), the
street price was over $800! I'd like to run right out and get it, at 4 bills.
Is it entire on a single CD, or spread over more than one? I have the 1st ed. in
hard copy, and it is increasingly painful for my aging eyes... but a daily
companion for the last 30 years (the greatest work of reference ever assembled,
hands down). Where did you purchase EB also?

TIA

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx