Re: Generating PDFs from XY 3.54

Hello Does anyone have any idea how (or with what) I can create PDF files from XYWrite 3.54.
You need PDFCreator. I have version 1.5. Get if from: http://www.cadkas.de/ This program converts from PostScript files into PDF files. So first you have to get Xy to make a PostScript file as intermediary. No problem: you set the contents of the file POST47.PRN as a printer table (I don't quite remember how to do this in Xy3--I use Xy4). Get the file from: http://www.xywrite.com/printer/xy4_printer.htm To operate it, open, in Xy, the file you want to convert, making sure it's using the PrinterTable you've got set upf with POST47.PRN. Then give the command TYF. This will produce the file FO.TMP, a postscript file. Open PDFCreator and figure out how to work its clumsy, Danish-into-English-translated interface. Note that if you browse looking for FO.TMP (the file to use as input for the conversion) you must set the thing to show All files (*.*) The last step is to hit the big GO button on PDFCreator. It may take a few seconds, but it works! Harry Binswanger hb@xxxxxxxx