Re: Long strings in CI ///

Quoting Harry Binswanger:

One thing I don't understand: if BX doesn't involve the CMline, why is it limited to CMline length?

BX is not limited to CMline length. It has a longer limit; I forget
exactly how long -- something like 150 chars; better than BC but still restrictive. So BigCI does fill a gap.

Your (earlier) BIGCI is working beautifully.

The guts of the routine are still the same. Only the input mechanism
has changed, so you should see no difference with the updated version.

I've used it under stressful conditions (excluding strings longer than about a
paragraph) and it has not failed. I've had a lot of problems using it, but they all turned out to be something amiss with the search string or the way I was coding things from XyBasic.

It would help me if you could, initially at least, test these things
in their native environment without introducing externalities such as XyBasic. Otherwise, how am I supposed to distinguish my B&W (bugs & wrinkles) from yours?

So it's been great using BIGCI.

Thanks. I appreciated having the opportunity to update an old and
somewhat creaky tool.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx