Re: Sig vs. Xy4

Carl Di Stefano:

For my limited purposes, I don't find a great deal to choose between
the WYSIWYG features of XY 4.017 and XW 4.12. Even for camera copy, I
choose XY for most purposes, because I write in draft mode, and the
draft font for XW is extremely unpleasant to have to look at for very
long.

The main attraction of XW for me, which you did not mention, is its
use of the whole panoply of Windows fonts. The only font built into
XY that I use is Courier. The 45 fonts built into the Laserjet work
fine with XY, and meet most of my needs, but there are a number of
others available not in that form but in TrueType. This would matter
even more to people with fewer fonts built into their printer.

--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science