Re: death to word

When you say 'get a difference in line-width' do you mean a difference in line-height (i.e., leading) ?

No, by width I meant width. I get the same type, of the same width, with the same inter-character spacing and inter-word spacing. The only change is fewer words per line, so a wider right margin.

 I ask because if you say you are getting no difference in width of letters or letter spacing, you have eliminated the two principal parameters for increasing line width (which I am taking to be roughly synonymous to line length).

What do you mean "eliminated"? From consideration or from operation?