e-mail editor

I am trying to use XyWin to write and send e-mail. Send is the part
I'm having no success with. The written documentation offers nothing
(nothing I can find) and the HELP file gives instructions to change
a default setting. I changed the setting, the send line in the menu
is now active, but nothing happens when I activate it.

Am I ploughing the sea, or can some kind soul take pity on me and
steer me in the right direction?

Best,
Jon

You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.