Re: OT: Ultraportables--recommendation sought

> several people have recommended
>Thinkpad notebooks on this list. Does anyone have any experience with the
>Thinkpad X, which is an ultraportable?

Harry,
Thanks for this, which prompted me (finally) to run a quick experiment on my wife's X41 (XP profl
sp2). I plugged in a USB thumb drive that has XyWrite 3.55 on it (with no DOS). Ran XyWrite with
no problem both in a window and full screen. I did not try to print, just because I didn't have the
time this morning to do the work to set up net use, etc. By the time I do, I'm sure you'll have
heard from others. But the early news is good, and I can tell you that my wife loves the X41, just
as I have the many models I've owned since the 350 (bought in thelate 80s, I think -- I only
decomissioned it, with regret, about three years ago), including the 240 (Celeron 300, 98SE) (the
first true ultraportable Thinkpad), on which I am currently writing a very long book in 3.55.

Philip