Re: Stopping USB drives from XY4

Curious and curiouser.  On my XP screen I found that little icon, clicked to read I could safely remove my separate hard drive.  After I plugged a flash drive into a USB port, the clicked message added it as another line to the "safely remove" message.  When I withdrew the flash, the computer hibernated -- which never happened in previous use of flash.  Trying again, without activating that icon, I found that a flash extraction doesn't send the system into a deep snooze.
        Bob White

mailto:poirmw@xxxxxxxxpoirmw@xxxxxxxx writes:
Perhaps not on Win 98, but next time you open XP, look to the
  left of the clock on the bottom right of the screen and you
  will see an unusual little icon.  I cannot quite make it out,
  i.e., determine what it represents, but it definitely behaves
  as I suggested.  M.W. Poirier