Re: Refresh of XyWWWeb.U2 v119 (15 September 2006)

Carl wrote:
> I was focusing on the fact (if it is a fact) that """ isn't
> something that needs interpreting.

Not a fact. A quoted string needs interpreting -- unless the quotes
are part of the string. Compare thes four examples
Very instructive. I never would have thought the 3rd and 4th would work at
all, much less the way they do work.
In practice, you wouldn't use SX with a quoted string just to save
the string to a S/G. The real use for quoted strings is in
concatenations, and those always require SX.

Right--I'll drill that into my brain.

Thanks, Carl.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx