Re: Using XyWrite file in Word and saving as text document

cld@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Patricia,

Once again, there are encoding/decoding errors in your code. Evidently the patch didn't decode correctly. Here is the revised frame in its entirety. Substitute it for the one you have, issue LOADHELP, then try again.
Yes, but WHY? Is this Tbird making mice feet of things
again, or what? I have my options set for a fixed-width
font, Courier New, at 12 pixels, and lines wrapping.
Should I perhaps turn off wrap? But that makes it hard
to read mails; have to scroll right and left, and I
don't like to be reaching for the mouse all the time.
(Of course, I read most of the list posts in Xy, having
Clipped and pasted from the source view.)
I restored the original version of SA/RTF from a
pristine copy I keep on another partition, and reran
the patch, having first saved a copy of the original. I
then ran File compare on the supposedly patched version
 now incorporated in U2 and the original. They were
the same. So, indeed, the patch wasn't properly
decoded. Anyway, I then copied and pasted in the new
version and tested it; "Conversion failed" on my
original file, but that was one of 159207 bytes. so
possibly OOM was the culprit. When I defined a smaller
block, it worked.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx