XY, Microsoft, Linux etc

I tested Linux earlier this year as a possible future platform and decided that it would be
impossible to switch in the foreseeable future. I spent a significant amount of time trying to use
XY but could never get anything like a workable setup. Graphics, etc were always uncomfortable for
me. The other problem is getting all the other software one has been used to working. Will OED
work? And what about other word processors, which one inevitably needs if one is working with XY?
Open Office is ok but not a patch on Wordperfect. But the Linux version of WP is awful.

Personally, I intend to stick with W2000. I see no pressing need to upgrade to XP or beyond.

Paul