Re: Hardware ID (was Completely Off-Topic)

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Fri, 29 Sep 2006
13:21:24 -0400

> What is VNC? What is WOW?

Virtual Network Computing (displays the screen of another computer, & allows
you to operate that remote computer as if you were using it locally).
Windows-On-Windows (thunk 16-bit addresses to 32-bit, in current
implementations of WOW). Look them up (Wikipedia, Google, etc). WOW is what
makes XyWrite and NBWin work under 32-bit M$ operating systems like NT.

> Well, all I know is some people say absolutely NO problem.

They're not looking closely enough, or performing the actions that force jumpy
cursor to manifest itself. It's there. (If anybody does not see it, I'll show
you how to see it...)

> And I didn't like [Tame's] Che fonts, any of them, as much as Raster Fonts.

Me neither. But more than that, I didn't like the fake "full screen", which
inhibited going into genuine full screen VGA. It was nice that you could see
some MoDes, but only the major ones: he has hard support (usable with any
program, not just XyWrite) for UL, BO, IT, Sub- and Super-script only. For
most users, I suppose that's enough, but... Still, it's very clever. You
gotta admire the programming.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx