Re: XyWin v. 4.13 Typeface Mysteries

"Ambos, Paul" wrote of his difficulties with drivers, fonts, etc.

> I use XyWrite for Windows ver. 4.13 under Windows NT ver. 4.0, printing to a
> Hewlett-Packard LaserJet 6L (but the XyW printer file used is HPLJ-4L.PRN).
>

> Can anyone explain what is going on here and how I can fix it short of
> switching back and forth between printer drivers?

Paul,

I couldn't begin to explain this. Perhaps the wise persons will. I will tell
you, however, that if you _must_ use the hideous XyWin (and you mention Nota
Bene works just fine, so why not use it?) print setup you are far better off
simply to use the Windows drivers exclusively and not even load a XyWrite
driver. I.e., take what Windows gives you (which is a lot more than the XyWrite
drivers and fonts do) and have done with it.

lb136@xxxxxxxx
New Address:
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)