Re: Stack; Abnormal termination of MeNu frames; Escape key; Speedos

** Reply to message from "M.C."  on Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:09:20
+0100

> if I go to File/Save as, I write a new
> name for the file on screen and I check the box "Switch to the new
> file", XyWrite ignores the new name and attempt to save the file with
> its current name, either if I use Shift+Enter or Enter to perform the
> action.

I can't reproduce this -- it works OK here.

> Any possible relationship with the new versions of Stack?

No.

> Manage Files Screen (File/Manage Files/Files): the accelerator key
> (Alt-F) to go to the files box (and then to navegate it pressing the
> first letter of the names) doesn't work.

Yes, I see that.

> In the past I always fixed it very quickly. With the new .DLG file
> it's harder for me.

Harder, why? Has something changed? This is the last version of DLG published
by TTG.

OK, I get the drift of your solution. But it fundamentally changes the frame's
operation. Let's just fix the original problem: the accelerator key. That
requires that you move one line, and alter a second line. The _problem_ is
that this line

tx		1	3	60	1

includes within it (in the  variable) an "&F" $tring, which sends the
accelerator, not to the filename listbox below, but to an inert line of text
where nothing "happens". Instead, we want the &F to appear on this line:

lf	12	1	5	61	9	&F <=="&F" added at end!
                           ^^^^ ^^^^^
So add that. Next, MoVe the first mentioned "tx" line, above, down a few lines
to the following position, after the "ld" line, thus:
lf	12	1	5	61	9	&F
ld	13	66	+	10	+
tx		1	3	60	1
and _change_ the "+3" ab^ove to plain "3" (delete the plus sign).

Then LOADHELP. Problem solved. I trust that you're using (as
everyone should) a monospaced font to read plain-text Emails (so that they
format on-screen as intended by author).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx