problems with now, date, etc.

I've noticed over the past few days that XyWrite's now command, which
I sometimes use, is off by a considerable amount. For example, if the
time as reported by the OS is 4:06 pm, 'now' claims it's 9:24 am. So
it isn't a time zone difference, since the minutes don't agree. I'm
on Win7 32-bit and I'm up to date with the upgrades, so wonder if it
mightn't somehow be related to that. Anyone else notice this or have
any idea how to fix? Same problem with 'tm' and with Jumbo day (Day
right, time wrong - same as now) and Jumbo time. Curious! Never
noticed it before. Best to all - - B