Re: Reassigning shift keys to U2 help

Reply to note from Judith Davidsen  Thu, 15
Jun 2000 00:48:52 -0400

-> Will anyone object to my assigning U2  to unshifted
-> F10?

Why not? It would have been my choice 10 years ago, when we first
did a CMline "shell" routine to pass arguments .HLP running under
Xy3 -- the precursor to Helpkey. But the old default assignment of
func CC (toggle between CMline and text) was, and is, one of the
three or four "venerable" ones I could never bring myself to change
-- the others being F3 to cancel DeFine and, of course, the F5-F9
duo. To be sure, I've duplicated these functions on other keys,
which I use at least as often as the originals. But those few (very
few!) sacrosanct assignments will always stay put.

But I digress. What I meant to say was: Do it!

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/