Re: Xywrite history, Ken Kalfus: query on a detail

It's a fairly easy procedure. I open Word, go to the Insert menu, and then Insert File. I type in the DOS address and up comes the file. Then first thing I do is delete the end-of-text command that comes with each XyWrite file, represented by a square box at the bottom of the inserted text. After that it's a matter of re-formatting for the best presentation (i.e. choosing font and type size), and manually replacing the MDUL and other XyWrite formatting commands with Word formatting.

 I leave the original XyWrite file intact.

Ken

Bruce Felknor wrote:
Disclaimer: I post this because it may interest other users who are writers but not techies.

Ken Kalfus writes:

>Since 1991 I've used XyWrite III+ to write four books. It seems to work fine on Win98, but I have to copy the file to MS-Word for printing or email, a procedure I've grown so accustomed to I don't think twice about it.<

What process do you use to copy from Xy to Word?

Bruce