RE: TAME 5.1

Even though I don't use Xy in a window, I believe I'm going to pay for a copy of TAME, if for no other reason than to support David Thomas' efforts. And who knows, if it does as good a job as it sounds like it might maybe I'll learn to prefer windowed mode.

BrianH.

-----Original Message----- From: Michael Norman

Have TAME 5.1 installed and it's running smoothly and lightening
fast. No need to fiddle with numlock settings (thus no need for an
.ini file). No problems with multiple windows and copying twixt them.
No cursor problems.

All you have to do is copy editor.exe.tam and Xywrite.app.tam from
\TAME5.1\Settings\Templates to \TAME5.1\Settings and away you go.
David Thomas has corrected all the issues I discovered and some I
didn't know existed. I confess I have not figured out how Harry is
getting on-screen italics and such in the console window; I still get
the classic Xywrite green text for italics and so on. But this is a
non-issue for me. I'm happy with classic XY running like the wind on
XP Pro and without a hitch in my favorite U2 routines. If anything
crops up in usage this week, I'll report it here. Thanks to David for
responding so quickly to our reports.

michael.norman@xxxxxxxx