RE: I could hardly fail to disagree with you less

≪To keep up with xylist, I find that I now need to keep my 6 inchs thick merrian webster  Webster International immdiately at hand..≫

To keep up with this group, I sometimes have to refer to my Webster's Second International unabridged. That's the library edition, takes up a podium--no room on the desk. This was regarded as setting the standard for correct American English, whereas the Third unabridged edition, somewhat thinner, was thought to have reflected then-current usage (and thereby to have ceased to set the standard). The Third dispensed with a number of words which, by then, were considered arcane, but for scholars this was a dis-improvement.

I really do agree with her, unresveredly.

Cheers,