Re: More about Converting...

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Mon, 19 Apr 1999 19:44:37 EDT

> I've put the new filters into Tim Baehr's Wordout program and it works
> like a charm. No need to go out to DOS or to use Save-As when exporting to
> Word.

Well, maybe. But if you think about it, there's not much difference between
running Tim's program and running XyWrite's program (offered on the "Save As"
menu): both run within XyWrite, both shell to DOS, and both run in a highly
limited memory space. And lack of memory is the main reason these conversions
crash -- it's pretty easy to demonstrate. What isn't mentioned here is: size of
the exported file, number of other files open, amount of memory available. Tim
agreed:

> The programs shell out to DOS from within XyWrite, so
> my guess is that they're not immune to memory limitations.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx