From: M.W. Poirier
To: xywritenew
Sent: Tue, May 31, 2011 11:11:24 AM
Subject: Re: Edward Mendelson on Tamedos

  It is true that Tame can be quite useful, but it has been the
  experience of some of us that not all versions of the programme
  work well, and what is worse is the fact that the author of
  the programme does not describe the installation process well,
  and is not very helpful when it comes to giving advice when
  things go wrong.  If you can stand that, then by all means try
  Tame.  When it works well, it works very well, ...and don't
  update a working version when a new version comes out, because
  you may be ruining an excellent setup and replacing it with one
  that is less than desirable.

  Others may have had a different experience with Tame, but that
  has been my experience, and I have to say that I have given up
  on Tame because I cannot get back to my original set up.

  Mr. Mendelson is clearly more knowledgeable in setting up Tame
  than I.

  M. W. Poirier

  http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/tamewp.htmlhttp://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/tamewp.html states:

> This is the only third-party software that I recommend without
  reservation to all users of WPDOS under Windows NT, 2000, XP, Vista, or
  Windows 7. A 30-day free trial version is available for download, and
  you may prefer to experiment with the program before buying it. After
  installing Tame under Windows XP, I no longer have any reason to run
  WPDOS under Windows 98. (Tame 5.0  and later versions do not run under
  Windows 95, 98, or Me.)

> Are his comments equally relevant to users of Xywrite in windows 7, 32
  bit.  Is there any reason not to use it,