Re: (no subject) --- Stop spamming

Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 10:46:43 +0900 (JST)
From: "Yo Intl. YK"

At 16:52 Uhr -0500 16.11.2002, MargDelG@xxxxxxxx wrote:
[snip]
>> A virus has been inadvertently passed onto me by my son's soccer coach.

>Sure. Except that your hoax message IS the virus -- and you are passing it on.
>Here is an idea for you: If you are clueless about software, and somebody
>asks you to pass a computer related message on to "everybody in your
>address book", don´t do it. Too difficult?

Worse & more of it. Viral hoax mesgs are invariably broadcast to a
long list of cc: addresses -- fodder for spambots.

(Even aside from viruses, hoaxes, & spam: I can't think when I've
received a cc:'d mesg worth reading.)

If you _must_ run like Chicken-Licken to tell the King & all his
subjects that a virus has befallen you, for god's sakes use bcc:.
Don't be sucker & exhibitionist, too.

Wendell Cochran
West Seattle