Re: [Junk released by Allow List] Re: more on MS networking

At 01:55 PM 12/6/2007, Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
Michael Norman wrote:
At 05:16 AM 12/6/2007, Robert Holmgren wrote:
Also, they aren't fiber right up to your machine
-- the last leg is copper wire, and that compromises everything.
So what's the point of going FIOS?
When Verizon came looking for a municipal OK last year, they made a
presentation to the mayor and council (whose meeting I was covering
for the local weekly). They SEEMED to be saying that they would have
to run a new line all the way into your house or flat. Which would
seem to argue 100 percent fiber. But you cannot believe anything they say.
Fiber optic to the house, but copper in the lines running through the
walls. I suppose you get around this by going with a wireless router
for internet and a wireless setup for your TV's.
Michael Norman