IBID Bugs

TO: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
ATT:TTG Tech Support
From: ronnie.apter@xxxxxxxx

Our XyWrite 4.0 Registration Number is 426-1506-494-R.

We've noticed the following bugs when using IBID, XyWrite 4.015
for DOS, and MLA formatting of bibliographies:

1) Capitalization of words in titles within quotes is erratic
(see more on "deficiency" below).

2) For a multi-volume work, i.e.,
  LG:4 vols the "4 vols." always comes at the end of the
formatted bibliographic listing, even if this is totally wrong
according to
MLA style.

3) A real weirdo:
When the publishing place is
  PL:Port Washington, NY the formatted bibliographic listing comes out
  Port WashingtonNY but if the input is changed to
  PL:Port Washington,, NY the formatted bibliographic listing comes out correctly as
  Port Washington, NY

A Big Deficiency in IBID:
Many, many of the materials we use have both English and another
language in the title, as in
  Style in Bernart de Ventadorn's cansos where cansos is not an
English word.
IBID doesn't seem to have any way of handling this with respect
to capitalization, italicization/underlining, square brackets,
quotation marks, etc.

We sent in our $15.00 for an upgrade to XyWrite 4.016 some time
ago, but have not yet received it.

Mark Herman
5748 West Brooks Rd
Shepherd MI 48883