Re: Xywrite history

Robert V. Schmidt wrote:
Even worse, the cursor keys (Home, End, PgUp, PgDn, etc.) produce
high-end ASCII characters rather than cursor movements. Again, this is
with the same keyboard file that works fine under Windows 98.

This last problem has rendered XyWrite unusable for me in XP. If anyone
has or can point me to a solution, I'll be grateful.

Rob Schmidt
Search the Archives for Tame and Numlock. But laptops often remap their keys. I once had a laptop with, of course, no number pad. I was perplexed over entering high ASCII characters without it (this was before I had discovered Robert's Table Accents), but lo, and behold, it turned out that the top row numbers on the keyboard were generating the numberpad scan codes, and so could be used with Ctrl+ALT to enter such characters. If you were running Xy4, you could use the U2 routine keycode, which would tell you what scancodes those keys were generating. There's another routine, IIRC, that ids both press and release scancodes, but I cannot recall its name right now, and have to run.

Patricia M. Godfrey