Re: Contest winners

Tim Baehr:

Congratulations on the outcome of your contest. I will be glad
to stock your XY4 extensions for downloading, and in DEBUG script
form for ordering by email and decoding with plain DOS debug.
For people who don't have DOS debug, but can use MIME on their
email system, I can send the file individually to you. MIME, as
most of you know, is a form of UU-encoding, and thus also will
not work for everyone. So there is still something to be said
for direct download via anonymous
FTP.

As for the contest winners, if you want to send your chefs
d'oeuvre for downloading I will do the same.

Tim, you didn't specify for winners 2-4 which versions of XyWrite
they work for. If the winners contribute their work to the list,
it is important to have a clear README file with each that
describes it fully and either documents it or refers to the
documentation.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania