Re: program starts to write to screen

Reply to note from Leslie Bialler  Mon, 12 Jan
98 15:18:28 +0000

-> > Wib: If my guess is right, you're doing some long typographic
-> > conversion with xpl and the pgm's length has overtaxed
-> > memory. At some logical place (or places), break it up:
-> [...]
-> Slapping forehead! Sure. That's probably closer to it than my
-> feeble attempt at off the cuff deduction the other day. I'd
-> realized after I posted it that a _mode_ command won't return
-> an "invalid formatting command" message.
-> [...]
-> Br-rilliant, as usual, Annie!

Uh-huh. Before we pass the champagne, we might at least wait for
confirmation from Wib Forry that this was indeed the cause. A
number of plausible theories -- missing func BC (or misplaced GT),
unbalanced guillemets in code, memory overflow -- have been bandied
about since the original query, and any number of others might be
proposed, but it's all whistling in the wind without more real-world
data. I repeat, we need to see the code! Failing that, I suggest we
keep our bottles corked until we hear further from Mr. Forry.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/