needles in haystacks

Reading the XyWin README.XYW file, it says:

Sample Set of Custom Commands

  The command override feature allows you to create your own
  commands or to redefine existing commands and functions. We
  have provided a sample custom command set, SAMPLE.SET, which
  is automatically installed in the XW directory. This command
  set is a usable file that contains custom commands that may
  be of interest.

  SAMPLE.SET is heavily annotated, and we recommend that you
  read the notes carefully before using it or if you want to
  learn about creating your own custom commands.

  Also note that after loading a U2 (Command Override) file,
  the custom commands will not be available until you issue
  the OO (Override On) command. The OX (Override Off) command
  disables the feature. See page 1 of the XyWrite 4.0
  Customization Guide for further details regarding Command
  Override. This feature is NOT documented in the XyWrite For
  Windows Reference Guide.

Duh? Aside from the fact that there's *no* SAMPLE.SET file
installed as stated and the installer says it doesn't exist on
the master disks, what kind of documentation tells you to refer
to the manual of a program you may not have (entirely different
platforms) for information about a feature in the program you do
have?  Earth to TTG? Come in please. I'm trying to find XyWin
information, not play Where's Waldo.

Anyway, anyone have this SAMPLE.SET file and is it interesting
enough to want?

Speaking of Where's Waldo, anyone know if there's a status value
for the AU command (command AU toggles Auto Uppercase, the
feature that caps the first character of new sentences while
typing, etc.) that can be evaluated via XPL? I tried auditing
its trail from the format bar in XyWin which lead me to XWUIF.UIF
and a section:

[format bar]

au +1 0 12 12  autcapof,autcapon  Auto-Uppercase

among the other entries for the format bar but I can't find
anything further (and don't understand this table). I figure
XyWrite obviously has to know if the AU feature is on or off but
I can't locate any kind of programable status value. Hoped maybe
something resided in upper save/get territory but Robert
Holmgren's nifty LISTSAVS.PM didn't show a difference between
save/get contents with AU turned on or turned off.

Bob