Re: TYP and newer printers

Robert,
Thank you very much. I know you're very busy, and it was good of you to take the time to deal with my stupidity. And that was certainly what it was.
As far as GoXy.exe is concerned, no, I hadn't removed it. I left
it sitting in my Xy directory (which on 2 systems was on a
separte physical drive). Once I copied it over to
C:\Windows\System 32 I was able to use TYP as before on the
2-year-old laptop, which has fonts in its c:\gs\gs8.70 directory.
And from the schizzy Lexmark printer at that.
As for Ghostscript, when I checked the TYP help, my first thought
was, "No, I've got a pirated or otherwise defective copy of
Ghostscript; there was no box when I installed it." But then I
remembered (my memory is going to Hades in a handbasket) that I
had installed it on the desktop right after WordPerfect and Lotus
Smart Suite--when I was majorly miffed at their dumping a
plethora of fonts on my system. And so--not stopping to think
"This is, in effect, a soft printer: of course it needs to
install fonts"--I didn't check the box. Why I didn't on the
Netbook, I have no idea. But it was, I freely admit,
monumentally DUMB.
One last question: should I uninstall Ghostscript and start again
from scratch, or try running the installation executible, this
time checking the box?

Thank you again.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey