Re: corporate serial killers

--- Caballero  wrote:

> Wait, no: please ignore my previous comment, which
> is muddle-headed.
> How could I forget that accented characters are
> represented as things like
> "&eacute," so that doesn't tell us whether HTML uses
> ASCII or ANSI. Let
> someone who knows something speak instead.

I still get a bunch of things like "&eacute," left
over (sometimes with #s like 127 included), after I've
run a page of HTML through DELTAGS. I don't know if
it's from ANSI, or just some MS FRONTPAGE detritus
that proved indigestible to the U2 frame. (If this
was ever explained to me before, sorry but I just
don't recall.)

In any case, I can readily turn those left over marks
into the appropriate apostrophes, quote marks, or the
occasional accented character, by means of a few
successive CI requests dropped into my CI template at
the Command Line. Because of that, I'm inclined to
think that these items are fairly standard and
recurrent, and could be coded into DELTAGS.

 Jordan