Re: Code pages

Just for the sake of feedback, those characters came through
perfectly on my machine.

On Dec 14, at 6:56 PM, Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
Harry Binswanger wrote:
I took umlauted "a" as a test. Non-Tame graphics mode shows a different set of wrong renderings of the characters. I didn't type in the umlauted "a" but the hex value of the character in question, which I got off the web, is E4. If my math is right, that's decimal 228. Note that the character shows up in Eudora correctly

Harry, the Web is giving you ANSI values. Unless you're using Ansified
Xy (as Manuel does) or ANSIFS (see Robert's post of 11/21/06; see it
and the previous ones for a thorough discussion of the ANSI/ASCII
differences), you need to enter Xy's ASCII values. To find out what
they are, command Table Speedos. Copy that table to a file,
and save it, then print it out, and keep it by the system.
Alternatively, you can assign each of the accents to a key, then use
that in conjunction with the desired letter key (see my example in my

Try these simple examples, typing the numbers on the keypad while
holding down Ctrl+alt:

ü	129		u umlaut
é	130		e acute
â	131		a circumflex
ä	132		a umlaut
à	133		a grave
ë	137		e umlaut
è	138		e grave
ï	139		i umlaut
î	140		i circumflex
ì	141		i grave
Ä	142		A umlaut

The first column will probably NOT come over correctly on the Net,
because the Net, and all our e-mail clients, use ANSI; but the numbers
should give you the characters described in the third column.

That still doesn't solve why you're getting 437 as VA LA, but get your
numbers straight first.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx