Re: Avoid footnotes during spell check

≪ I believe the spell checker skips InVisible text. Try temporarily
changing all instances of all text to begin with. If there are, you have to work around that.)
This also assumes the person who is reading the advice *actually pays
attention* to the parenthesis. I didn't. What a pain in the footnote,
and everywhere else. For those with similar myopia, its should be
something like

ci \FN1\IV1\

or some such unique string to avoid trouble.≫
First run a search on the proposed TO string to see whether instances occur in the text. If so, change your TO string. I figured that was axiomatic before executing a global temporary (i.e., reversible) CI.