Re: Deleting Files

Brian Henderson wrote:

> The problem is, if all I wanted to do was delete files, there are of course plenty of ways to do it. But I need to do it with a
> macro...from Xy. But I guess that's not possible.
>
> Maybe I can figure out a way to put the file deletions at the end of the program and shell out to DOS at the end. I've never
> actually done that programmatically before. How do you get back to Xy, automatically?

Brian,

I suspect it's not the only way, but this has to be doable from an XPL routine . . . although maybe
just limited to the current
directory. How do I know that ? Well, Ernie Wallengren's DIR program, which covered a few very
basic file management functions,
allowed you to "tag" a group of files (a la XTREE) and perform some mass file operations
on them. This suggests to me that various
other things like this could be done. You may already have this routine in the archives of
Xywrite.Com. If not, I can send it to
you.

Jordan