editing key

from Morris

 Sorry Harry, your change replace command did not remove all the commas and
those letters in front of it; it did remove some of them, but my small
program that takes only a minute or so to devise because I have similar
programs as a template, did the job. These programs are wonderful editing
tools and so simple that anyone who has only a minimum of programming
knowledge can construct. It does far more than a search/change command line
instruction. I have used such as simple program, with amendments of course,
to change the codes of a very long list of catalog titles. What is more it
will work as well in Xy3 and in Xy4. Neverthless, I use CI command a great
deal for editing purposes, but of course this command can easily be combined
into a program. In fact one may say that the looping code it contained in
the program is the heart of all programming - it searches for a condition or
set of circumstances which when met or does not exist, the program
terminates itself. When it finds what it is looking for, it makes the
necessary changes.

What I had to remove tool this format:      rcv receive   a, b, d,
g, l, r (this latter part had to be deleted)

BF BC seb /,/XC >
RC BD
CH

 By the way what I find is perhaps a stroke of genius in XPL is the F9
(function 9) which executes without entering a new line in the text window.

  Thanks Carl. I now can add programs to the U2 file.