Re: redirecting LPT1 to a USB printer

Paul Breeze wrote:
The motherboard is a relatively recent Gigabyte board, but with no integrated network, so far as I can discern. My network adaptors un cp/system/hardware/devices are PPoEWin Miniport which is the broadband software and my Speedtouch USB modem.
Under newworks and connections I have a LAN set up but that is the ADSL
USB modem again. And no, there is nothing that looks like a phone jack
but slightly larger, or if there is I've never noticed.
Well, anything is possible in this industry, but this is the first
P4-class mobo I've heard of without a NIC. Do you have the docs
(usually a single sheet or maybe, if you're lucky, a small booklet)
that came with the mobo? Should have a map of the board layout,
showing which headers are for which connectors. When you got
broadband, didn't they ask if you had a NIC? or was this a special
"modem" that incorporated the MIC? You don't really need to answer
those questions, I'm just really, really flummoxed. Gigabyte is a
fairly well-thought-of brand (not like my old PCHips/ECS
bargain-basement board; and that had a NIC and an AMR modem). Let me
investigate the term Miniport; IIRC that may signify some sort of
integreated I/O connection that can be used for several purposes.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx