Re: Change Invisible problems with BX

Patricia,
Harry, I ran some tests on this, and I THINK the source of the problem
may simply be the speed (and possibly the multithreading capabilities) of
modern processors. Recall that BX is Blind Execute: it doesn't look at
what it's doing.
I wondered about speed, but I put in a 1-second pause (command: "p") and
that didn't affect anything, nor did a BXwaitQ2.
I then altered your original program to include ≪IF≪ER≫≫≪GLNEXT≫
and a Next label between the first QT and the TF command. I also expanded
the text file to 700 lines, to match yours. This time, only three lines
(one each of numbers 2, 3, and 4) did not get stripped of quotes and
sorted. If one included a routine to Press a key to continue, it would
probably work, but my manuals are over in the office and I don't recall,
off the top of my head, how to do that.
Thanks, but it's not a problem for me to use BC-XC. I was just wondering
about the explanation of the difference.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx