Re: who?

As I remarked some time ago, the list server has discontinued the WHO
command as part of a general effort to discourage spamming. Hard to
tell which measure worked, but we are now spammed about once a month
rather than once a day.

But Annie Fisher has pointed out that, since we have no spammers (at
least certified ones) among our subscribers, it will do no harm to
provide a list periodically. I am sending one to everyone in the next
message after this. If you are not interested, when you see the
subject WHO, just delete the message. From now on, I will provide the
list to individuals on request, and may repost to the whole list in
something like 3 months (let me know how you feel about that). I only
update my own copy roughly every 6 weeks.

--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science