Re: Valediction

Patricia M Godfrey wrote:
That is dire news for all XyWriters, though one cannot blame him after 15
years. But--without in any way belittling Carl's efforts or
expertise--this list, and the whole XyWrite experience, will be the
poorer without Robert's incisive posts. Not to mention the incredibly
generous production of code at the drop of a hat when anyone posted a
problem. Even if it was accompanied by a well-deserved flame, it was
worth it. Heck, I'll miss the flames: it is a rare thing for me to have
to consult the dictionary even if only to confirm that a word means what
context and etymology seem to indicate it means. Robert, thank you. We
shall miss you. Wæs hæil!
I completely agree. My knowledge about English is not enough to express
my gratitude to Robert (and Carl, of course). I can't imagine our list
without his continuous assistance and wise advice.
Manuel Castelao