RE: XY4 can not find drive

At 22:39 Uhr -0400 12.05.2002, Ambos, Paul wrote:
>It's not part of XyWrite but rather the operating system. If you are in
>Windows 95 or later, the simplest procedure is to open Windows Explorer
>(windows-key+e or go through the program menus), get a display that includes
>the x folder on the d: drive, and then right-click on the folder icon. This
>opens a little menu, from which you left-click on "Properties". This opens
>another window that lists "Attributes" at the bottom. If the box next to
>"Archive" is checked, left-click it to get rid of the check, then left-click
>on "OK".

Oh that. No, nothing checked there. The first thing I do with *every*
Windows system, right off the bat, is turn off all the bells and whistles
-- keep things simple. Not active X, no scripting host, no animated this or
that, none of all that here either. If it can be turned off, it is turned
off. That policy has served me well so far...

And the XY4 problem remains. Weird!

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo (rrr @ twics.com)
-- "The power of accurate observation is commonly called
-- cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw