DESKJET 500

 RE: My impertinent question about how I could Jerry-rig a DeskJet 500 printer
file and how come I have had to wait and wait for yours: You said I send it to
the BBS and you would see if it held anything of value. I don't even have to do
that. I can explain what I did: I took XyWrite's Times Roman cartridge commands
from the old DeskJet printer driver and the Letter Gothic cartridge commands
from the DeskJet Plus driver, copied them into a XyWrite III-Plus DeskJet Plus
printer driver, assigned PT numbers and - voila! - I could run all the DeskJet
internal fonts. I can discard my Courier Italic and 10 Times Roman cartridges.
The only thing I can't do is landscape printing and I can wait (possibly
forever) for that. Having said that, I'll send the file anyway. I'll call it
CGP.PRN. Best regards, Clarence G. Petersen