Re: AW: DOS problem solved--XyBasic available

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
Flash wrote:
> > Yes, I'm interested! I've never gotten either DosBox or iEmulator to
> > run entirely successfully on my Mac G4. So your solution using virtual
> > pc is good news and ON topic.
>
> Yes, but VPC is the emulator that Microsludge bought
> out, isn't it? So how long can we be sure it will
> continue to run DOS apps? (This is important to me, as
> I want to move to Linux but won't give up Xy.)

I wonder... It might just happen one day that VPC continues to run DOS
apps on the Mac but ceases to do so on new Microsoft platforms. Wouldn't
that be delicious? But then someone will come in and figure out a clever
program to defeat Redmond's attempt to defeat the last surviving DOS
users. Let's put some hope in human inventiveness.

Carlo Caballero
thyrsus@xxxxxxxx