Re: laptop ideas (kinda long post, sorry)

Mark Garvey wrote:

>  If you have any suggestions for getting
> the DOS window to actual "full-screen" mode (beyond
> the "properties" control of the DOS window), let me
> know and I'll give it another try.

There are a lot of suggestions about such things -- including the use
of substitute fonts -- in the archives of this List.  Use the XySearch
form, at     http://66.114.70.144/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi.exe     with
appropriate keywords, and you should find plenty.

As to dedicated use, no-frills "laptops", I seem to recall a
discussion here about some *very* small and light ones that only ran
some basic programs, but could run for a long time on off-the-shelf
type batteries.  (The screens on these must be very small.)  Whether
the models being mentioned could run Xy, I don't recall.  Again, worth
some keyword searches.

Jordan