Re: Installing Xy under 32-bit Win; Manual; ANSI

In a message dated 8/15/02 2:40:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jdavidsen@xxxxxxxx writes:

≪ Okay, I am a writer. You are not allowed to put my work
 online either for sale or for free without my permission. I
 own the copyright and it is up to me to decide how my work
 is used-- ≫

  Ditto, and my sentiments exactly. Of course a corporate copyright owner
doesn't inspire the same sympathy as an individual. (Who really feels that
Disney needs protection?) But stretching copyright law for personal
convenience is like modifying the First Amendment in a few "special"
situations.
  No, it's not "fair use" to copy Salinger's work if he's not around to
complain. Since when is it okay to rob a guy as long as he's dead? His work
doesn't pass into the public domain as long as it's protected by copyright.