Re: Editing a 2GB+ file

Jon Pareles wrote:
The email definitely replicated itself inside Eudora. There was no 1.5 GB download. It was unintentional malware, since everything incoming is scanned twice, by a professional scanner at the server and by my Kaspersky on the laptop itself. In fact, it was a press release with a bunch of links, M$Word smarttags, images and attachments, one of which made Eudora nuts.
>In fact, it was a press release with a bunch of links, M$Word >smarttags, images and attachments, one of which made Eudora >nuts.
Links you say. Conceivably, one of them had been hijacked by the
time you got it. Or the site was poisoned.
But at the paper we do get malformed Word files. An awful lot of
people just don't know how to use the programs they're using.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx